Defending Simple Drug Possession Charges in South Carolina
Cromer Law Offices, LLC provides aggressive legal representation if you are arrested for simple drug possession. Bubba Cromer, simple drug possession lawyer, will fight to have your charges reduced or even dismissed.
South Carolina’s drug laws are tough. For example, a first time offender charged with simple possession of marijuana can face up to thirty days in jail and be ordered to pay a fine, which can more than double when you add in court costs.
The penalties can significantly increase depending upon:
- What kind of drug.
- The quantity of the drugs.
- whether your case is brought in State or Federal court.
- Your prior criminal record.
- Even where you were arrested matters.
A Simple Charge Can Have Lasting Consequences
Even a conviction for simple possession of marijuana can result in:
- Academic discipline such as suspension or expulsion.
- Loss of financial aid or scholarships.
- Loss of, or inability to obtain, a professional license.
- Proving Drug Possession In South Carolina
Whether you are charged with:
- Simple Possession
- Possession With The Intent to Distribute or Intent to sell drugs
- Possession of drugs in the proximity of a school, child care facility or park
- Felony Possession
Bubba Cromer served on the House Judiciary Committee, whose job it was to address many of the drug laws on the books today. Contact him today if you have been arrested.